Pages

Sunday 5 October 2014

Pumpkin spice latte

So I've got a long meaty post coming up, but I thought I would start my posts for October on a lighter note. (We've had internet down for the last week hence my sustained silence!)
Today I went to my local Starbucks, and I went there for the specific purpose to try their autumn drink the pumpkin spice latte. I had a particular reason to try it because I know it's Carrie Hope Fletcher's favourite drink and I think she's got great taste!

Also, on the strength of Carrie's excitement, my boyfriend has tried it out three or four times and he's given it a big thumbs up too!

It is quite an expensive drink, but not really anymore than a milkshake or smoothie which is what I normally go for. I went for medium-size (grande) because it was barely any more money than the smaller size and I really wanted to give this drink a shot!

And it's got my thumbs up to! I had cream with it because the Starbucks cream is amazing (so much better than Costas cream!) I'm not really into coffee at all, I don't ever drink anything that contains coffee apart from mocha and the occasional chai latte, but when I don't feel like hot chocolate this is definitely going to be the drink that I turn to!

I thought it might have an odd  overpowering pumpkin taste, but personally I couldn't really taste any pumpkin, just a pleasant level of spice. If you've tried the chai latte, the pumpkin spiced latte has less spice than that, but I actually prefer the pumpkin drink because it's less spicy.

So, run for the local Starbucks guys and buy them up whilst there still in season!!





No comments:

Post a Comment