Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Chim Chim Cheree....

I'm back at uni, and since I'm now a second year I get the luxuries (and slight issues...) of being in a house! It's got a tv, dishwasher and everything!

All the trouble we had trying to find a house was worth it for the one we've ended up with. It's one of the nicest student houses I've been in, with none of the oddly shaped or weirdly arranged rooms that are so often the norm with student housing.

The only downside is that there is one small bedroom, but as a compromise me and my housemate are swapping half way through the year so we both get to have the larger room of our choice some of the time.

I have the bigger room first, and this room is simply awesome... I absolutely love it. It has 3 sky lights so is incredibly light and it's gorgeously warm and sunny when the sun is out. I can open up the sky lights so the room is lovely and airy and fresh.  Since I'm very sensitive to being too warm this is perfect for me!

The best thing is that the third window opens the widest and has a little alcove of it's own with a chair. I can sit in this chair, open up the window and sit with my head poking out the roof.





Admittedly it's not much of a view, but when the sun is shining outside it's just wonderful to be in the open air. I noticed this afternoon that there are so many houses clustered together where we are living, that looking out over the rooftops and seeing the rows of chimneys makes me feel like I'm in Mary Poppins. I'm definitely having day dreams about dancing across those rooftops...



Although I'm slightly sad I only have this room for half the year, I'm going to value the time I have in it and the freedom of having my own floor (I'm up on my own on the third storey!) and access to the outside is just so liberating.  I've already had some relaxing times chilling with my head stuck through the roof, and I'm sure I'll have many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment